MONTANI PARA LIBERI

MONTANI PARA LIBERI

For the Mountaineers............!!!

"Mountain are cathedrals: grand and pure, the houses of my religion. I go to them as humans go to worship. From their lofty summits, I view my past, dream of the future, and with unusual acuity I am allowed to experience the present moment. My strength renewed, my vision cleared, in the mountains I celebrate creation. On each journey I am reborn." (ANATOLI BOUKREEV @ Above the Clouds)

Tuesday 30 September 2008

Mountains are Dangerous...................

The most important thing to know is that mountaineering involve risk.
If we go to the mountains and forget that there is risk, we make mistakes.
MOUNTAINS ARE DANGEROUS !!!
But they are only dangerous if people are there.
A MOUNTAIN IS A MOUNTAIN........................
It only exist. It is a piece of rock and ice, a beautiful piece maybe, but it only becomes dangerous and beautiful if we are there. We must know how to approach the mountains in the future, and in which directions to take our sport.

by REINHOLD MESSNER @ Voices from the Summit

No comments: